Do you want to be the most awesome mom or grandmother?!? Of course you do! This is a free pattern to make you own personalized trick or treat bag!!
FABRIC AND NOTIONS REQUIREMENTS:
3/8 yard of top fabric
3/8 yard of bottom & lining fabric
1 yard medium-heavy interfacing
1/2 yard fusible fleece
1 piece of plastic canvas (they come 8 1/2″x 11″)
22″ cotton webbing
* top fabric cut 11″ x 25″
* bottom fabric cut 4″ x 25″, cut 2 of Trick or treat bag pattern piece, and cut lining 8″ x 25″
* interfacing cut 11″ x 25″, 4″ x 25″, 1 of pattern piece
* fusible fleece cut 11″ x 25″, 4″ x 25″, 1 of pattern piece
* plastic canvas cut 1 of inner pattern piece
* 22″ cotton webbing
1. Iron fusible fleece to the wrong sides of top fabric, bottom fabric, and 1 of the pattern pieces according to manufacturer’s instructions. Then iron the interfacing to the fleece on the same three pieces.
2. ~OPTIONAL~ applique your design or name to the top fabric. To center it, put sides together then from that spot go up 3.5″ inches from the bottom because the top has 3 extra inches to fold down.
3. Sew top and bottom together using 1/2″ seam allowance, right sides together. Then, topstitch 1/8″ from the seam on bottom fabric with seam allowance towards bottom fabric, for more professional look.
4. Sew the side seam 1/2″ with right sides together.
5. Fold the pattern piece with the fusible fleece and interfacing in half widthwise and mark the center. then, fold in half lengthwise and mark the center. Do the following for the bottom of the bag you just sewed up. Like picture below. Then pin together and sew with 1/2″, then set aside.
6. Take lining piece sides right side together and sew 1″ at top and 1″ at bottom, leaving it unsewn in the middle.
Then, mark lining piece into quarters and lining pattern piece just like you did for the outer piece. Pin and sew 1/2″.
7. Take your cotton webbing and staystitch 3/8″ at the top edge of outer piece. Like picture…
8. Lay the plastic canvas in the bottom of the outer layer.
9. Take lining piece and put outer piece inside of it with right sides together and sew 1/2″ around the whole top edge.
10. Top stitch the top edge with seam allowance towards lining with 1/8″, like picture.
11. Stitch up the hole in the lining. Like picture…
12. Then put lining inside the bag. Measure the top fabric 3″, that is how much will go inside the bag. Measure and pin around the whole top edge, then topstitch 1/4″ around the top edge including handle.
13. Last step. Press, Press, Press!!
READ THIS FIRST: This file is intended for PERSONAL USE ONLY. Please respect my wishes for the use of this pattern. Thanks!
You can print the pattern piece here, Trick or treat bag pattern piece.
Finished size 10″H x 9″ W
LOVE THIS PATTERN? Show the love, share it on Facebook, Pin it on Pinterest! Just please have it linking back here to my blog, THANKS!
*DISCLAIMER* This is a pattern and it requires basic knowledge and experience working with patterns and craft knowledge. Pattern was designed with an expectation that the buyer has basic understanding of working with patterns.