I have a SUPER cute and EASY headband tutorial for you today! Not only can YOU wear it, so can your daughter(s)! It’s such a quick sew that you might just make a dozen in a hour like me and be set of the summer.
- Scrap of fabric 5″x16″ (you can make 4 out of a fat quarter!)
- 20″ of ribbon, you can use just about any kind or size (smaller than 1″) but I like 3/4″ grosgrain ribbon the best!
- one plastic toggle cord lock (I found mine on etsy, search toggle cordlock)
- Headband Pattern
- Headband fabric, cut 1 from pattern piece
- Ribbon, cut 2 10″ long (Be sure to fray check or burn the edges of the ribbon so it doesn’t fray).
- Right sides together, sew 1/2″ seam down the long edge of the headband fabric.
- Take one of the open ends of the headband and insert one of the ribbons. Make the seam allowance seam centered and the ribbon centered too. Make sure if your ribbon is one sided that the WRONG side is facing the seam allowance side. Stitch 1/2 ” seam allowance, closing the one end.
- Turn right side out. Fold in the open end 1/2″ and stick the last piece of ribbon into the end and stitch 1/8″. Press your headband.
- Get your toggle and insert the ribbons into the holes.
- That’s it! The newest thing for your summer wardrobe, that will actually stay on your head!
Do you LOVE this?!?! Pin it on pinterest and share it on facebook!